12/15/2008

T.O. being T.O.


The funny part about Terrell Owens signing with the Cowboys was all the Dallas fans thinking Owens was a changed man. The man has stirred the pot and tore apart the locker room everywhere he's been, and they thought everything would be fine.

Owens was fine when he first got there (same in Philly), and the fans all said 'see, the man has learned his lesson and just wants to play football.

If Owens had a problem with Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia, wouldn't you think he would eventually get fed up with an interception prone quarterback in Tony Romo.

No, of course not. Owens even gave a Grammy worthy performance at his press conference after the Cowboys lost to the Giants in last year's playoffs.

Okay, what if you add a No. 1 quality receiver in Roy Williams to go along with Jason Witten, one of the best receiving tight ends in the NFL.

Uh oh, that might have been the back breaker.

He did say they needed another weapon, but felt like Witten was getting too much attention from Romo.

Nevermind the fact that before the Sunday Night game against the Giants, a graphic showed Owens had more passes thrown his way than Witten did. In Owens defense, lets use a phrase often used by athletes: "I don't care about the stats, the game is played on the field, not on paper."

That's just semantics.

Well here's T.O.'s press conference after the 'Boys knocked off the Giants last week courtesy of Shiel Kapadia of Philly.com. There's also some thoughts underneath.

Did ESPN take it too far with its reporting last week?


"No... well yeah. I think Ed Werder did. I don't know where he got his information, but it was a lie. It's unfair. I had to deal with this all week. Like I said, I don't know where he's getting his sources from and whatever his source was, they told a blatant lie."

"I don't know what his sources are talking about. He's making accusations as if he's on the practice field. I'm clueless as to what his sources are. For me I think that's a lack of professionalism in my eyes."

Isn't it funny that the media is always lying. Werder was looking for a story in Dallas, since nothing interesting ever happens there, and was bored so he just made up some stuff. His source was probably his buddy who was pissed off that T.O. cost him a playoff spot in his fantasy league. When something is true, why can't an athlete just face the music once in a while. The funny thing is, the Dallas fans might eat this up and believe it. It's not like this guy has a rap sheet for throwing QB's under the bus or anything.

Did he have an altercation with Jason Witten?


"I don't know where that came from either. They say we went to blows with each other and I don't understand where that came from either."

Translation: I said Ed Werder is a liar, didn't you hear me. Why does everyone assume that Werder, who works for ESPN, is telling the truth and that I'm the bad guy. What have I done to deserve the tag as the bad guy. That's my tight end.

Did the media coming down on the team help them come together?

"I'm used to it. Everybody's gonna criticize me. They're gonna say this and that. I got some broad shoulders. I'm strong enough. I blocked it out. I went out and played."

I wonder why they would criticize you. You've never done anything to warrant it.

Did he hear the fans booing him?

"That's alright. Only people I'm concerned about are my family and they're right outside. They can boo me all they want to. It don't matter."

Screw them. They only buy your stuff and pay outrageous money for tickets and food (especially with that beautiful stadium Jerry Jones is building for next year) to see you play. Who cares about them. It's really hard to believe that people don't like you.

Does he worry that his coaches or teammates are the ones that are the sources?

"If it is, that's sad because we're supposed to be a family... so maybe I'm being fooled."

Did you consider Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb family. If so, I wouldn't want you to raise kids around that kind of family.

How ironic would it be to have to beat the Eagles for a playoff spot?


"Hey, we'll deal with that when the time comes."

Translation: I really want to stick it to them, but I'm playing victim today and my team won so I won't say anything. I put my foot in my mouth with the "getcha popcorn ready" comment" and I didn't do anything against the Giants and lost in the playoffs. So for today, here's my answer.

No comments: